Monday, June 7, 2010

A New Bed Quilt and Some Outside Pictures!

Greetings Prim Pals!

I am finally on summer vacation and very excited!  There are lots of things on my to do list, including getting lots of pictures of my primitives for my blog and facebook pages.  :) 

Before I get started with the pictures of my new bed quilt and my outside prims, I really could use some help!!!  I can't seem to get my header to show the whole picture!!!  If you can help, I would greatly appreciate it.  Didn't know if any of you were experiencing the same difficulty I have been.  It is sooooo frustrating. 

Alright, on to the pictures...

My new bed quilt came from Wal-mart, it is Better Homes and Garden.  I thought it was a great match to my new wall color.  For a while now I have been looking at trying to get a prim one, but have found that they are really expensive!  So... I was very excited to come across this one, and even though it is not a true prim quilt, it matches my prim decor quite well.  So what do you think?  :)



Here are some pictures of the primitives that I have outside this summer.  It seems like it is always changing from year to year, especially as I go and find more goodies at the local auctions and garage sales!  One of my newest items is a hand cultivator, which I have been hunting for several years to find.  And wouldn't you know it, I found one at an antique shop that has been closed for 3 years!  The dear owner just happened to be outside mowing and let me in and asked if I was looking for anything in particular.  When I mentioned the hand cultivator, he said he had one and had actually knocked it off the wall in the barn a couple of days before.  This antique is in great condition!  For some reason hand cultivators are getting harder and harder to find and when you do, they are not always in the best condition with their handles and cultivators broken and or missing.  So, as you can imagine my excitement to find the one I did!!! 

Here is my hand cultivator...


The next picture is of something I found in our basement (cellar) a year ago and my dear hubby fixed for me a few weeks ago.  I was really excited to come across this because the farmhouse that we live in is the one that my husband's paternal grandmother was born and raised in.  This is part of the family heirlooms!  Neat huh!!!  Grandma is 91 years young, which makes our house well over 100 years old!  How amazing!!!


Here is a cute lil' wagon that I found at a garage sale this year.  I have often thought of wanting one and this was a little different than what I had in mind.  The wagon here has the wooden sides that remove, the kind that we had when I was child.  What I was thinking about was a metal wagon, but this one caught my eye because it is different.  When I first saw it, I could imagine putting a planter of flowers in it.  :)  How cute is that!!!  I just love it...


A picture of my new garden flag that is on a hook outside the back entrance to our farmhouse.  I love it, don't you.  What is so nice about this flag is the fact that it is not supposed to fade in the sun, which is really nice because I certainly have had many fade in the past.  Got this one at our local Pat Catan's store. 


Finally, I will leave you with a picture of my favorite planter that I had made this year.  Verbena flowers are my absolute favorite and if you know anything about me, red is my favorite color!  I just love this planter that my dearest friend Debbie made for me.  :)  Debbie owns a greenhouse and boy oh boy do I ever spend hours and hours there looking at all of her goodies! 

It looks like one of our barn cats has made its way up to the back door and found a nice spot to nap!  I certainly was keeping my fingers crossed to be able to get a picture.  Luckily this one didn't wake up.  LOL 


Have a beautiful day! 


Hugs and blessings,
Stacey

10 comments:

Buttercup said...

My day is made. So happy to see you posting. Your summer decor looks great and it's so pretty. As always, you and Scott are in my prayers!

~Judy~ said...

OOH!! Your hand cultivator is awesome. I've been looking for one of those also. Actually...all of your outdoor planters are awesome. Love your new quilt too!

carolyn@simple~primitive~devotion said...

Hey Stacey! I love everything! the quilt & shams, the cultivator, the wheel barrow, the wagon, and the planter!
And you have the prettiest flowers planted in them. You are all set for July 4th!
Have a blessed week!
~Carolyn

Lee Hill Primitives said...

Hi, I have the same quilt. And it is one of my fav's. Love, Love your pictures, beautiful flowers.

Lisa said...

Love your quilt and love love love that olde cultivator, wheelbarrow and the wagon. Very neat things and I love that you actually posted!!

Let me know if you can't figure out the header and I can help anytime.

Hugs,
Lisa

Country Whispers said...

That quilt looks beautiful. I love the colors in it.
Your home looks great all decked out for summer.

Pam said...

I have the same bedding & I love mine. Prim perfect & at a super great price!!!
All of your outdoor prims are beautiful! Thanks for sharing=)

Angie Berry ~ Berry Homespun Primitives said...

Did you get your picture figured out? When I had that problem in the past, I had to go back to my picture and re-size it to a smaller size. I hope you figure it out.

Your new bed quilt matches perfectly! It matches the colors and the prims you have in that room.

I love all your outdoor decorating! Your flowers look so beautiful in all your antique pieces!

Anonymous said...

I have the exact same quilt! I found wall paint that looks fabulous with it.. I was very pleased! Love your outdoor ornaments.. they look amazing with the flowers :)

Unknown said...

I know this is a shot in the dark and so many years later but do you remember the name of the quilt pattern? I also have it but unfortunately mine is old and the tag has worn away. I'm trying to find a replacement for it but no luck so far. Thanks